Company: Honor Community Health
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionHonor Community Health is a 501c Federally
Qualified Health Center. Our mission is to provide for the health
and wellness needs of the underserved of Oakland County through the
provision of comprehensive, integrated primary, behavioral health,
and dental care. We see all populations regardless of their ability
to pay. Honor Community Health is a rapidly growing organization
co-located within 20 locations. Our team is passionate about
serving the people of Oakland County. *NOTE: All employees are
required to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine.Position DescriptionThe
Accounting Specialist is an essential member of a high performing
management team positioning the health center at the forefront of
progressive health care systems through the delivery of exceptional
and cutting-edge quality integrated healthcare. Under the direction
of Controller, the Accounting Specialist will be responsible for:
performing all processes related to payroll using ADP Workforce Now
software; obtaining Time & Effort records from all staff annually;
taking physical inventory of assets; preparing annual property tax
returns, reconciling daily cash batched, and preparing bank
reconciliations.The Accounting Specialist will ensure the agency is
compliant with organizational, local, state and federal standards,
policies and guidelines, including GAAP and HRSA regulated
requirements. The Accounting Specialist will promote Honor
Community Health while maintaining strong internal and external
relationships with a professional and courteous demeanor.
Accounting Assistant will complete reports and special projects
timely and accurately. In addition, the Accounting Specialist works
collaboratively to create and maintain a culture of excellence and
dedication to providing compassionate and high-quality health care
to residents and the community.This position reports to the
Controller. Our standard hours are Monday- Friday,
- Assists in preparing and processing bi-weekly payroll using the
ADP Workforce Now electronic payroll system, ensuring each employee
is paid at the correct rate for the appropriate number of hours.
Assist in preparing and processing deductions, garnishments, tax
withholding, bonuses, pay or status changes.
- Works collaboratively and effectively communicates with staff
to ensure all financial management processes are understood,
followed and compliance is met.
- Works to input accurate accounts payable information into the
- Reconciles daily cash batches and works with Site Supervisors
to resolve discrepancies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepares journal entries as directed by the Controller
(depreciation, cash, etc.).
- Participates in monthly and yearly closing cycles of the
- Develops and maintain a thorough understanding of all
accounting processes and transactions captured within HCH's
- Contribute to preparations for the annual financial
- As assigned, contributes to ad-hoc financial analyses to assess
operating & financial performance of various programs &
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by
inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Contributes to the preparation of reports for grant management,
executive team analysis, board presentation and other purposes as
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and
files, reconciling accounts as well as posting and reconciling all
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account
numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Assist with preparation of the financial tables of the annual
- Performs other duties as assigned. What are we looking
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Business, Accounting or
other related field is required.
- A minimum of three to five years of health care accounting
experience in a complex health care system with grant management is
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations
governing the operations of a health-care facility along with
experience working with third party payers including, Medicare,
Medicaid and other managed care concepts such as HMOs, PPOs, POS
- Experience with Federally Qualified Health Centers is strongly
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Creating an excellent patient experience
- Patient focused mindsetWhat do we Offer?
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- National Health Service Corp
- Public Loan Forgiveness
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Supportive environmentCOVID-19 Precautions:
- Remote Prescreening Interview Process
- Person protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in placeHow to
applyApplicants must complete the full application through our
career page at www.honorcommunityhealth.org/careersPlease note the
selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal record
check and reference check.Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and
InclusionThe diversity of our people and patients is one of our
greatest strengths, and inclusive workplace enables us to embrace
that diversity to deliver the best services to our employee and
patients. Honor Community Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and
personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap,
religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by
applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are
performed without regard to the above listed items.Powered by
Keywords: Honor Community Health, Pontiac , Accounting Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!