Posted on: January 12, 2022
Gonzalez is an American, family owned organization, serving clients
successfully since 1975. We have a family-oriented work environment
with a horizontal organizational structure which encourages
professional and personal development.
Our Gonzalez Production Systems (GPS) division is one of the
largest minority-owned and operated tooling and equipment
suppliers. We are an integrator for the transportation, heavy
industry, aerospace, and defense industries. GPS specializes in
full-circle assembly system engineering and support: including
process engineering, systems design, assembly tool manufacturing,
automation integration and installation support.
We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer to strengthen our
advanced controls engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity
to work with a world-class engineering team located in Pontiac,
This is a direct hire, permanent position with competitive
compensation and a full benefits package, including: 3 different
medical plans, HSA or FSA options, dental and vision coverage, life
insurance, short and long term disability, 401K profit sharing,
paid time off (holidays, sick days, vacation, bereavement).
- This position reports to the Controls Engineering Manager
- Engineer controls projects from conception through customer
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on Controls or Automation
Engineer working on industrial automation systems
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Application experience designing and debugging PLC systems
- Knowledge of appropriate circuit protectors, wire and cable,
sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD and servo
- Working knowledge of electrical schematics in CAD (AutoCAD
Electrical or EPLAN, etc.)
- Must have a valid drivers license and able to obtain a U.S.
passport for occasional domestic and international travel.
Software design and application knowledge with:
- Rockwell Automation, Siemens or Omron
- Experience with HMI and SCADA softwares
Industrial controls equipment experience with:
- PLCs (Allen-Bradley, Siemens or Omron)
- Fieldbus networks (DeviceNet, Ethernet, ControlNet, CAN,
- Safety PLCs (Rockwell Automation, Siemens Safety Integrated or
- Safety rated fieldbus networks and serial communication
- BS of Electrical Engineering (or equivalent majors in controls
and computer control systems, mechatronic engineering, automation
- In-depth knowledge of electrical standards (NFPA79, National
Electric code, UL508A) and safety standards (ANSI/ RIA15.06,
Due to ITAR requirements: we are not able to provide sponsorship
currently. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder.by
Keywords: Gonzalez, Pontiac , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!