Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic Assistant
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranWaste Management (WM), a Fortune
250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and
environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed
to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and
financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in
residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets
throughout North America through a network of collection
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
waste-based energy production projects.Tired of just doing
preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready
to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high
level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern
maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that
right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for
your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our
Mechanics are trained to provide superior maintenance on both
diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of
CNG trucks. We care about our Mechanic's safety and show it by
demanding solid safety practices of all our Mechanics and managers.
Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits,
rewards - check us out, we may be the company for you.I. Job
SummaryWorks under direct supervision and follows established
procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. Performs minor repairs and
limited preventive maintenance (PM) on assigned equipment.Preferred
Applicants will have:
- 1+ year of Heavy-Duty Diesel Experience, or
- A mixture of 1+ year combined Heavy-Duty Diesel Experience and
Diesel Schooling, or
- 3+ years of Automotive Experience, or
- A mixture of 3+ years of Automotive Experience and Diesel or
Automotive SchoolingII. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the following tasks. - -
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
- Washes vehicles and equipment.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project
- Assists with service calls for breakdowns.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards. III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis job has no
supervisory duties.IV. QualificationsThe requirements listed below
are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the
job.A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: No prior work experience required.B. Certificates,
Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and
-physical.C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required. V. Work EnvironmentListed below are key points
regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
50 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
often;Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.Note:
The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some
cases be greater or lesser than documented here.BenefitsAt Waste
Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total
compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the opportunity that
you have been looking for, please click "Apply."Contact Talent
Advisor Ryan Mulligan at or 864-608-9143 after applying with any
questions or status.
Keywords: Waste Management, Pontiac , Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic Assistant, Engineering , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!