Highly Experienced Maintenance Mechanic - $21 - $30 per hour
Company: Heat Treating Services
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Heat Treating Services Corporation of America (HTS) is a
family-owned and operated company founded in 1978. We are a
pro-active and innovative organization committed to providing
world-class quality and on-time delivery. As part of our commitment
to superior customer service, we have continued to expand by
installing furnaces and acquiring facilities to meet specific
customer requirements. We are capable of processing 84 million
pounds per month.Job Details:The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic is
a valuable member of the maintenance department front line whose
tasks are a critical component to the successful operation of the
Company. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter who is
committed to be an integral part of the team and motivated by a
challenging work environment where there is potential for growth
and advancement.Compensation:Hourly commensurate with experience.
-Status: -Full-time, 40 hours per week. Overtime is required.
Multiple shifts are available; Sunday through Saturday. Must be
available to work weekends.Benefits:Medical, Dental, Vision, Life,
Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, insurance benefit
options will be offered on the first of the month following 60 days
of employment. You will receive paid time off (PTO) accrual based
on hours worked, opportunity to participate in our Flexible
Spending Account, our 401k plan (with a great company match),
request for tuition reimbursement, educational training and
opportunities. Excellent potential for growth and a great work
atmosphere.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:The most important
qualifications the right individual will possess are a -strong work
ethic, strong leadership qualities, including excellent
communication skills and a personable and positive attitude. -The
ability to problem-solve and acquire the knowledge needed to make
the repair is essential. Attention to detail and willingness to
continually learn and train is critical. This is a manufacturing
environment, which means you will be expected to engage with your
team consistently throughout your shift while exposed to very hot
or very cold temperatures. You will also be on your feet for most
of the day. The maintenance technician must be flexible. Controlled
change is constant and the willingness and ability to adapt is
essential.Also, you must be:
- Hard-working and dependable
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible and ready to do whatever needs to get done, in your
department or in another area if necessary
- Must pass a drug screening, physical examination and background
- The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED
- Mechanical, welding/fabricating, electrical, and
- Ability to operate fork truck and aerial man lifts
- Must have own tools to complete repairs
- Heat Treat, automotive, or aerospace experience is preferred
but not required.
- You must have U.S. citizenship or residency.Job Duties:
- Proficient in the following trade skills:
- Welding and Fabrication
- Hydraulic, pneumatic systems
- Repairing breakdowns as required with proper
- Perform preventive maintenance on all maintenance per work
- Complete Problem log sheets, Maintenance repair tags, and other
required maintenance records.
- Receive and pass on information to previous and post-shift
personnel verbally using information whiteboards.
- Get assignment from Lead Industrial Maintenance Mechanic.
- If assigned complete daily "EQUIPMENT INSPECTION" to look for
signs of possible failure, safety violations, or areas to be
- Assist in training other Industrial Maintenance Mechanics and
Operators on procedures and equipment operation.
- Preform locks out/tag out, confined space, and hot work permits
- General Housekeeping - Clean up tools and areas of work after
yourself and others.
- The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the
repair and maintenance of the equipment and plant buildings.
- They will understand the operation of the equipment to maintain
and increase the efficiency of the equipment.
- Continual training and teaching in different areas of trade
skills and the equipment sequences will allow the Industrial
Maintenance Mechanic to perform their duties successfully.
- Problem-solving, attention to detail and time management is
critical for finding the best repair solution.
- Verbal or written communication skills and teamwork are
necessary when interacting with all other company personnel.
- Safety is for life and technicians will perform all safety
procedures and attend training to further their knowledge.
- If directed preform operator duties such as:
- Load or unload furnaces
- Sort or stack parts * Any and all other duties
assigned.Interaction: -Primary interaction will be with Plant
Engineer and other Industrial Maintenance Mechanics. Secondary
interaction will be with Corporate Engineering Manager, Corporate
Engineering Assistant, Plant Managers, General Manager, Shift
Managers, lab personnel, operators, and contractors.
Keywords: Heat Treating Services, Pontiac , Highly Experienced Maintenance Mechanic - $21 - $30 per hour, Engineering , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!