Company: LER TechForce
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job DescriptionLER TechForce, an LHP affiliate, previously LHP
Engineering Resources, is looking for multiple Quality Engineers to
work in Pontiac Michigan. These are full time direct roles.The
Quality Engineer is responsible for conducting on going analysis of
the production process inputs and output to ensure that customer
(internal and external) quality requirements are being
achieved.Responsibilities & Results:
- "Safe Launch" participant to constructively accept a detailed
hand-off of product requirements from APQP QE.
- The "Safe Launch" hand-off process links the APQP QE and
Current Production QE when the first MRD parts are being run. These
QEs work together to obtain and complete the necessary quality
system documentation, dimensional data, GP-12 support, and PTR/MRD
packaging and labeling for shipment.
- Supporting the "Safe Launch" process also includes providing
the plant communication linkage for a formal tooling buy-off
process, including Run at Rate support and associated documentation
to declare die/welder readiness for production. This is then
followed by the preparation of all PPAP documentation for
- Responsible for all plant level quality concerns for assigned
- Serve as direct point of contact for customer complaints.
- Manage Quality System for all changes after launch.
- Obtain "Master Samples" from 300 piece initial production run
for Program archiving of Part Quality at start of production.
- Update Control Plans & FMEA as Issues Arise from the Floor or
- Issue Product Quality Check Deviations following direction from
- Provide timely acknowledgement responses to customer
- Provide formal documentation PRR/HTR, responses to the
- Be a presence at the assembly plants to provide face-to-face
interaction and ensure customer satisfaction while developing
- Understand how each part is utilized in the vehicle build and
become the "expert" about what the customer expects from us as the
supplier of this part.
- Provide the plant management with the "voice of the customer"
and explain what key part attributes are important to manage on
each part and why.
- Train plant level quality auditors and production team leaders
on part to part concerns regarding acceptability, inspection
methodology, and customer expectations.
- Direct Quality Technicians to provide supporting product
quality documentation (Part Picture Visuals, Packaging
Instructions, Gage Instructions, Quality Alerts, etc.), and floor
support as necessary.
- Provide plant with priorities for part improvement to ensure
the most important attributes are addressed first, and stress
- Address plant floor quality concerns as they arise, provide
timely opinions for acceptability, and be able to provide the
proper decision criteria for management to direct the part
- Champion problem control meetings for customer complaints, and
attendees need to be accountable for their problem control
responsibilities by area managers.
- The QE should be involved in monitoring daily part quality and
spend time on the floor checking parts and auditing product and
process to verify that customer requirements are met.
- Participate in the layered process audits.
- Implement new methods of inspection and control when required.
(i.e.: enhanced containment techniques and documentation, SPC data,
scheduled CMM runs or Roamer scans, etc.).
- The QE is responsible for supporting all QSB+ and TS
requirements associated with his/her assigned part
- Associate degree (required).
- 5 Years of related quality experience and/or training
- Bachelor's degree (preferred).
- 10 to 15 years related experience and/or training
- Stamping, Welding, Assembly experience (highly preferred).
- Automotive Industry experience (highly preferred)
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential
functions of the position, with or without reasonable
Keywords: LER TechForce, Pontiac , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!