Company: Challenge Mfg. Company
Posted on: September 13, 2022
Who We Are:Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1
automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment
Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing
has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12
locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by
1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?Challenge Manufacturing is an
employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50
largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an
employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a
collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally,
over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside
financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
Position Summary:Responsible for machine standardization, launch,
troubleshooting, maintaining and improvement of highly automated
controls, robotic and welding systems. This is
often accomplished in demanding situations with tight
- Develop, test and improve current machine standards.
- Design and program PLC, HMI, robots and other types of
electronic or electrical manufacturing equipment.
- Provide support for installation, controls issues and wiring
upgrades on equipment.
- Assist in and occasionally lead in the trouble shooting of
- Conduct continuous improvement activities such as cycle time
reduction, standardization of existing equipment and incorporation
of error proofing strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, Electrical
Engineering or other engineering discipline (required).
- 5+ years of experience with PLC & HMI programming
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with Rockwell software and AB
CompactLogix, GuardLogix, PanelView plus platforms (required).
- Two to three years system integration experience
- Ability to design and create prints.
- Ability to install hardware and wiring.
- Ability to program and debug automated robotic welding,
sealing, fastening and assembly system.
- Ability to program Panel View (HMI) and PLCs.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Ability to use computer aided modeling to ensure work output
meets customer needs (internal and external).
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential
functions of the position, with or without reasonable
accommodation.Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.#LI-RC1
Benefits We Offer:We offer a comprehensive benefits package that
includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings
Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending
Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life,
Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition
reimbursement, and paid time off.
Keywords: Challenge Mfg. Company, Pontiac , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!