Manager of Clerical Operations $2,500 New Hire Signing Incentive
Company: Oakland Family Services
Posted on: June 15, 2022
About Oakland Family ServicesOakland Family Services is a
private, not-for-profit, human services organization that provides
programs from our located throughout Oakland County. As a leader in
child and family-focused services, Oakland Family Services reaches
more than 40,000 individuals and 18,000 families each year. We
offer a warm and engaging work environment and the opportunity to
work with dedicated professional colleagues. In addition to
excellent benefits, we offer flexible work schedules, advancement
opportunities, work-life balance initiatives and more. Join our
team and make a difference. Join us in our mission to build
brighter futures for those we serve, while building your OWN
brighter professional future.
This is a management position, responsible for performing a wide
variety of office work and clerical details relative to the
operation of the front office of each agency site. The Manager of
Clerical Operations has responsibility for the clerical operations
in the office, including guiding and/or training of clerical staff
in Day One and Specialized Services for Youth programs. Incumbents
may be requested to perform related tasks other than those
specifically presented. In addition to the duties prescribed to all
office managers, the Manager of Clerical Operations is responsible
for providing leadership and assistance to the customer experience
team in areas of problem solving, data management and billing
issues. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Treatment
SPECIFIC DUTIES/JOB EXPECTATIONS
- Plans and organizes work on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
so that customer accounting functions, processing of clients'
appointments, receptionist duties, office equipment management,
client records management (open and closed cases) and processing
reports are recognized as priorities. The Manager of Clerical
Operations assumes responsibility for customer experience personnel
meeting deadlines for all processes.
- Responsible for establishing a Performance and Quality
Improvement (PQI) Plan and environment in the front office of each
site in accordance with the Agency's PQI plan.
- Participates as a member of the Access team and provides
support to site operations.
- Ensures that policies and established procedures are followed
in order to provide continuity and consistency in all offices
- Provides on-going supervision that also includes supervision of
evening hour coverage as required.
- Provides hands on accomplishment of office tasks
- Supervises all customer experience staff assigned to the front
office to include training, monitoring and evaluating
performance(s) and participates with the Assistant Director of
Treatment Services in the recruitment and hiring of support
- Communicates with the Assistant Director of Treatment Services
about any personnel situations that require intervention and
- Reviews, authorizes and coordinates requests for leave so that
customer experience team coverage meets the minimum requirements of
the Agency. Seeks approval for all extraordinary leave
- Responsible for cross-training as an Intake and Insurance
Verification Specialist to assist in the provision of coverage
during vacations and other leaves of absence.
- Communicates problem areas or client problems with the
Assistant Director of Treatment Services. Assists in managing and
maintaining all business equipment which includes but is not
limited to copiers, postage machines, computers and printers in
each office. Communicates with the Director of Facilities and
Director of IT, as needed relative to building and equipment
- Responsible for monitoring materials and preparing purchase
orders for required supplies at each office to include forms,
files, and other necessary office supplies.
- Completes monthly site audits of customer experience team
processes and functions as determined in partnership with the
Assistant Director of Treatment Services.
- Provides leadership to the Office Coordinators in the areas of
problem solving, system and billing issues.
- Acts as liaison between customer experience team and Billing
Department as deemed appropriate.
- Acts as liaison between Office Coordinator team and Assistant
Director of Treatment Services on areas of system issues, billing
issues and process issues as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing month-end reports (including but not
limited to: failed activities, failed claims, balances and
activities with no status), following up with customer experience
team regarding status and completion, and providing updates to the
Assistant Director of Treatment Services.
- Provides monthly data reports to the Assistant Director of
Treatment Services (including but not limited to: authorizations,
intake calls, engagement and collections).
- Handles other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Secretarial Science or Business Management
or advance course work in the Fundamentals of Office
- A minimum of five years of experience in office work with three
years of supervisory experience.
- Selected candidates for this position must possess a
sensitivity to the diversity of the Agency's service population
including (but not limited to) differences of culture, race,
religion, gender, sexual orientation and socioeconomic
- Computer knowledge and skill to include a minimum typing speed
of 60 words per minute.
- Familiar with business formats as appropriate to the Agency
- Experience in bookkeeping and/or patient accounting
- Knowledge about effective supervisory practices to include
positive techniques for motivating, teaching, coaching, delegating
and evaluating assigned personnel.
- Special abilities and skills necessary to perform the required
tasks that best meet the needs of the agency also will be
considered. Any standard above may be waived when compensating
specifications or circumstances exist.
As of Jan. 7, 2022, all new hires must:
- (A) Already be fully vaccinated in advance of starting
- (B) Complete a single-dose vaccine - or - the first shot of a
two-dose vaccine by their first day of employment at Oakland Family
Services; those pursuing a two-dose vaccine have 30 days to
complete the process and will be required to follow required
testing protocols during the interim.
Oakland Family Services complies with all applicable laws and
regulations, and, as such, considers all requests for medical or
religious exemptions from the vaccination requirements and offers
legally entitled reasonable accommodations.
Keywords: Oakland Family Services, Pontiac , Manager of Clerical Operations $2,500 New Hire Signing Incentive, Executive , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!