Company: Honor Community Health
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionHonor Community Health is a 501c Federally
Qualified Health Center. Our mission is to provide for the health
and wellness needs of the underserved of Oakland County through the
provision of comprehensive, integrated primary, behavioral health,
and dental care. We see all populations regardless of their ability
to pay. Honor Community Health is a rapidly growing organization
co-located within 20 locations. Our team is passionate about
serving the people of Oakland County. *NOTE: All employees are
required to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine.Position DescriptionThe
Medical Assistant I is an essential member of a high performing
healthcare team providing direct and indirect patient care,
assisting HONOR COMMUNITY HEALTH clinicians, completing general
office duties, managing and maintaining patient records in the
HONOR COMMUNITY HEALTH EMR systems, taking and recording patient
vitals, performing laboratory tests and assisting with procedures
as necessary. In addition, the Medical Assistant I will adhere to
HONOR COMMUNITY HEALTH policies and procedures while carrying out
and monitoring a wide range of clinical processes. The Medical
Assistant I will maintain strong internal and external
relationships, serving as liaison on behalf of HONOR COMMUNITY
HEALTH's centers and administrative team, completing documentation
and processing a variety of forms and records. Works
collaboratively to create and maintain a culture of excellence and
dedication to providing compassionate and high quality health care
to residents and the community. This position reports to the
Practice Manager. Our standard hours are Monday-Friday,
8:00am-5:00pm. We currently have openings in several of our centers
located in the Pontiac area. Responsibilities
- Aids HONOR COMMUNITY HEALTH's clinicians with updating the
medical record during the patient calls. The Medical Assistant will
also initiate and track medical record requests, authorizations for
medication, laboratory test results, referral visit notes or any
other patient report to support coordination of patient care.
- Ensures complete and accurate medication list and drug
allergies are maintained in the patient's electronic medical
- Set up and clean patient room immediately following patient
visit following protocol.
- Follows guidelines, procedures, and protocols set by both the
Medical Director and the Director of Clinical Services.
- May be responsible for direct patient communication regarding:
future appointments, hospital admissions, referral appointments and
- Answers patient questions or act as an advocate by directing
them to the proper resources whether in person or over the
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waived
- Other assigned dutiesWhat are we looking for?
- Certified Medical Assistant I.
- Must maintain BLS Certification.
- A minimum of two or more years in a similar clinical position
- Strong computer skills and experience using Electronic Medical
Records and knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Completion of a technical program for medical assisting
- Experience working with an FQHC preferred
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Creating an excellent patient experience
- Patient focused mindsetWhat do we Offer?
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- National Health Service Corp
- Public Loan Forgiveness
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Supportive environmentCOVID-19 Precautions:
- Remote Prescreening Interview Process
- Person protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in placeHow to
applyApplicants must complete the full application through our
career page at www.honorcommunityhealth.org/careersPlease note the
selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal record
check and reference check.Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and
InclusionThe diversity of our people and patients is one of our
greatest strengths, and inclusive workplace enables us to embrace
that diversity to deliver the best services to our employee and
patients. Honor Community Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and
personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap,
religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by
applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are
performed without regard to the above listed items.Powered by
Keywords: Honor Community Health, Pontiac , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!