Licensed Respiratory Therapist - Contingent, Night Shift
Company: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Employment Type:Part timeShift:Night ShiftDescription:Registered
Respiratory Therapist - Contingent (Night Shift)What you will
do:Provides individualized respiratory care for the entire age
continuum. Responsibilities include assessment of the patient's
respiratory status, identification of actual and potential
problems, development and implementation of respiratory care plans
and evaluation of the care given, making modifications as
indicated. The Respiratory Therapist functions utilizing a
multidisciplinary approach and collaborates with the entire health
care team when coordinating a patient's respiratory care.Duties /
- Ability to assess physiologic status relative to acid/base
balance, oxygenation and ventilation disorders. Able to recommend
appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic interventions.
- Demonstrates technical and clinical competence in adult
critical and general care. Demonstrates ability to apply patient
care protocols. Utilizes assessment data to review and revise plan
of care accordingly.
- Demonstrates technical and clinical competence in pediatric and
neonatal critical and general care.
- Demonstrates ability to apply patient care protocols. Utilizes
data to review and revise plan of care accordingly.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills for the completion
of patient care. Demonstrates ability to prioritize therapies and
departmental activities to meet changing demands.
- Communicates with healthcare providers, units, and other
customers on an ongoing basis to coordinate services and exceed
customer needs. Acts as a resource to physicians and nursing staff
regarding clinical patient care issues.
- Actively participates as resource, providing assistance to
respiratory and health care team members to facilitate optimal
patient care outcomes.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply patient care protocols, uses
assessment data to review and revise plan of care accordingly.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and
commitment to the mission of St. Joseph Mercy Oakland through
performing behaviors consistent with the Trinity Health
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and
Local laws and regulations, the Trinity Health Organizational
Integrity Program, including the Standards of Conduct, Code of
Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure
adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and
- Supports and conducts one's self in a manner consistent with
customer service expectations.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, determines
that appropriate charges have been entered for the correct patient,
encounter, date/time of service, with any required modifiers. Make
corrections as needed per charge capture policy/practice.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, actively
participates in on-going education and communication regarding
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, assists with
tracking and monitoring of equipment assigned to the unit. Requests
services for maintaining equipment as needed.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, proficient
with the electronic health records for documentation, assessment,
and care management, performing these activities concurrently with
provision of care throughout the shift.What you will need:
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Successful completion of an accredited respiratory therapy
- Current licensure to practice in the State of Michigan as
- Registered as Respiratory Therapist (RRT) through the National
Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), preferred.
- Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Practitioner (NRP) certification within
6 months of hire.
- Certification in Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) and
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred.
- Previous work experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
preferred.Our Commitment to Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health
is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and
clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations,
our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs,
values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of
the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to
produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us
has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that
these differences often lead to innovative solutions.Our dedication
to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and
education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and
accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier
Keywords: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Pontiac , Licensed Respiratory Therapist - Contingent, Night Shift, Healthcare , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!