Children's Crisis Stabilization Unit Medical Assis
Company: New Oakland Family Centers
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description: Medical Assistant- Crisis
Services Department: Nursing New Oakland Family Centers provides
comprehensive behavioral health and substance abuse services for
consumers across Michigan, in both outpatient and partial
hospitalization settings. Schedule: Full time; Shift-based schedule
as determined by Crisis Service Director; Available shifts include
day, swing, and midnightReports To: Director of Nursing / Crisis
Services Director Compensation: Hourly Employee. $17 - $20/ hour;
Commensurate with experience. Position Summary:The Medical
Assistant is a full-time or part-time position comprised of
multiple clinical and administrative duties with New Oakland's
Children's Crisis Stabilization Unit. The Medical Assistant will
work closely with consumers and both clinical and administrate
staff across all levels of the organization to ensure a safe,
effective, and efficient environment. Desired Skills:
- Ability to multi-task and ability to work on a
- Ability to maintain professionalism and bedside manner when
providing care to distraught patients
- Strong understanding of, and ability to comply with all HIPAA
- Strong customer service skills Essential Duties / Functions:
- Assist in site screening procedures when needed (including
related to COVID-19).
- Obtain vital signs (BP, HR, Wt and Ht) for consumers as
directed and document findings appropriately.
- Assist in confirming/obtaining/updating consents and other
required documentation for lab work, including lab requisition
forms, H&P, transportation team and other internal and external
- Assist with lab specimen collection (urine only).
- Maintain records of medication samples and OTC medications
including administration of such.
- Maintain all first aid kits and ensure supplies are replenished
as needed. Complete monthly audits of kits.
- Complete documentation as required by the clinic's
- Attend designated meetings as needed.
- Ability to resolve all crisis situations appropriately.
- Fulfillment of all initial and ongoing trainings
- Assist nurse and prescriber with Telehealth processes
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications: High School Diploma
required. One to two years of relevant experience required.
Relevant coursework and/or certifications preferred. Working
Conditions: Staff need to be prepared to be actively involved with
clients. Navy blue scrubs required per Employee Handbook. Prolonged
periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. May require
prolonged periods of standing, moving and bending. Must be able to
lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Keywords: New Oakland Family Centers, Pontiac , Children's Crisis Stabilization Unit Medical Assis, Healthcare , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!