Lead Resource Pool Therapist
Company: Mid Michigan Health
Posted on: September 23, 2022
**Up to $20,000 sign on bonus available along with updated
- Travel required for this position.
This position, independently or in consultation with a physician,
administers medications, performs various types of therapeutic
modalities and diagnostic testing for and of the cardio-pulmonary
system, responds to arrest and emergency situations and provides
CPR and life support systems. As a Lead; conducts operation
problem-solving processes to ensure a uniform clinical outcome for
the department. Assist the department by assuring that JCAHO and
MDPH standards are met. Maintain high quality diagnostic
skills/competency within their respective areas or responsibility.
Position requires travel among MyMichigan Health Subsidiaries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- (25%)* Performs Respiratory care to evaluate and treat protocol
- (25%)* Delivers medications via aerosol and metered dose
- (25%)* Responds to all Rapid Responses, arrest or STAT
situations immediately, maintaining artificial airways, and
respiration and cardiac compressions. Sets up and maintains all
oxygen according to protocol.
- (25%)* Maintains proficiency as expert respiratory therapist at
MyMichigan Health affiliates
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the physiological and mechanical aspects of a patient
that requires life support.
- Weans patients off the ventilator.
- Performs chest physiotherapy and airway clearance.
- Assesses patient to recommend appropriate therapy.Performs
special procedures for diagnostic and therapeutic reasons, i.e.,
bedside bronchoscopes, drawing/analyzing arterial blood gas
samples, EKGs, Holter monitoring and oximetry.
- Provides supplemental oxygen throughout the hospital and
maintains and changes equipment.
- Maintains inpatient charts and clarifies physician's orders for
- Performs chart auditing and participates in the quality
- Provides continuing education for the department, staff members
in other departments and often functions as instructor for
preceptor for Respiratory Students.
- Assists in orientation of new employees.MidMichigan Health is a
technology driven organization and employees need to demonstrate
competency in Microsoft Windows.
- An employee may be required to participate in further learning
opportunities offered by MyMichigan Health.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS:
- Associates Degree required.
- Must be a graduate of a school Respiratory Therapy with at
least a 2 year Associate's Degree (exception: any therapist who has
the RTT credential on or before July 1, 2004 is not required to
have an Associate's Degree)
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan
- National Board Respiratory Care (CRT, RRT) required.
- Neonatal Resuscitation required.
- Current Basic Life Support required upon hire.Advanced
Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) (for non-casual) certification required within 365
days of hire.
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment (ventilators,
ABG analyzers, etc.).
- Interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with
individuals and groups and interact with people at all levels to
communicate ideas and concepts in a clear and understandable
- Mandatory Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
training must also be completed annually according to the Exposure
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Exposure to stressful situations, including those involving
public contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment that includes latex
materials or appropriate substitute if required for your
- Is able to move freely about facility with or without an
assisted device and must be able to perform the functions of the
job as outlined in the job description.
- Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or without
- Frequently required to sit/stand/walk for long periods of
- May require frequent postural changes such as stooping,
kneeling or crouching.
- Some exposure to blood-borne pathogens and other potentially
- Must follow MyMichigan Health blood-borne pathogen and TB
testing as required.Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along
with others, work independently, regular and predictable attendance
and ability to stay awake.
- Overall dexterity is required including handling, reaching,
grasping, fingering and feeling.
- May require repetition of these movements on a regular to
- Physical Demand Level: Medium.
- Must be able to occasionally (0-33% of the workday) lift or
carry 21-50 lbs., frequently 34-66% of the workday 20 lbs. and or
Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg controls and constantly (67-100% or
the workday) 10 lbs. Associated topics: aso, crt, resp,
respiratory, respiratory care, respiratory therapist, rrt,
Keywords: Mid Michigan Health, Pontiac , Lead Resource Pool Therapist, Healthcare , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!