Company: Honor Community Health
Posted on: September 26, 2022
Job DescriptionHonor Community Health is a 501c Federally
Qualified Health Center. Our mission is to provide for the health
and wellness needs of the underserved of Oakland County through the
provision of comprehensive, integrated primary, behavioral health,
and dental care. We see all populations regardless of their ability
to pay. Honor Community Health is a rapidly growing organization
co-located within 20 locations. Our team is passionate about
serving the people of Oakland County. *NOTE: All employees are
required to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine.Position DescriptionThe
full time, non-exempt Clinical Receptionist is an essential member
of a high performing healthcare team and is the first point of
contact with patients at each visit. The Clinical Receptionist
employs excellent customer service skills and complies with HIPAA
policies during all interactions with patients including, phone
calls, scheduling of appointments, registration process, completion
of necessary paperwork and when handling any patient complaints or
concerns. In addition, the Clinical Receptionist is responsible to
maintain an adequate supply of patient forms and information at all
times and monitors the amount of time patients spend in the waiting
area to ensure timely visit completion. The Clinical Receptionist
will have excellent working knowledge of the insurance and sliding
fee scale process and be able to answer patients' questions in this
regard. This position will report to our Oakland County Health
Division location in Southfield. The Clinical Receptionist will
maintain strong internal and external relationships, serving as
liaison on behalf of HONOR COMMUNITY HEALTH's centers and
administrative team, completing documentation and processing a
variety of forms and records. Works collaboratively to create and
maintain a culture of excellence and dedication to providing
compassionate and high quality health care to residents and the
community. This position reports to the County Lead Medical
Assistant. Our standard hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
This position is located at our South County site.
- Warmly welcomes patients and visitors using eye contact and a
- Employs excellent customer service skills during all
interactions with patients and visitors.
- Effectively communicates HONOR COMMUNITY HEALTH's services and
policies to patients and visitors.
- Reassures patients by anticipating their needs and concerns;
answering questions and maintaining the reception area.
- Utilizes electronic patient management and medical record
system efficiently and accurately, maintaining patient demographic
and financial accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating
personal and financial information at each visit.
- Assists patients with completion of necessary paperwork, using
translators when necessary.
- Scans all intake documents into patient charts.
- Communicates accurately insurance and sliding fee scale process
to all patients as needed.
- Maintains adequate supply of forms and patients information
materials at all times.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of
personal and financial information according to HONOR COMMUNITY
- Able to multi-task, and work within a dynamic work environment
maintaining the flexibility necessary to meet the changing needs of
patients and office workflow.
- Answers incoming calls and assist callers appropriately
- Perform insurance and PCP verification; and facilitate PCP
reassignment, as necessary.
- Other assigned dutiesWhat are we looking for?
- A minimum of two or more years in a similar clinical
receptionist position preferred.
- Strong computer skills and experience using Electronic Medical
Records and knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience working with an FQHC preferred
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Creating an excellent patient experience
- Patient focused mindsetWhat do we Offer?
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- National Health Service Corp
- Public Loan Forgiveness
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Supportive environmentCOVID-19 Precautions:
- Remote Prescreening Interview Process
- Person protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in placeHow to
applyApplicants must complete the full application through our
career page at www.honorcommunityhealth.org/careersPlease note the
selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal record
check and reference check.Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and
InclusionThe diversity of our people and patients is one of our
greatest strengths, and inclusive workplace enables us to embrace
that diversity to deliver the best services to our employee and
patients. Honor Community Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and
personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap,
religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by
applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are
performed without regard to the above listed items.Powered by
Keywords: Honor Community Health, Pontiac , Clinical Receptionist, Healthcare , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!