Children's Crisis Stabilization Unit Medical Recep
Company: New Oakland Family Centers
Posted on: September 26, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description: Medical Receptionist – Crisis
Services Department: Support StaffTransend MSO, Inc. provides
administrative support to New Oakland Family Centers, a
comprehensive behavioral health and substance abuse provider for
consumers across Michigan, in both outpatient and partial
hospitalization settings. Schedule: Full time; Shift-based schedule
as determined by Crisis Services Director; Available shifts include
day, swing, and midnightReports To: Director of Crisis Services /
Supervisor of Crisis ServicesCompensation: Hourly Employee. $17 -
$20/ hour. Commensurate with experience.Position Summary:The
Medical Receptionist position is a full-time role that will require
working closely with clinical staff and consumers to ensure a
welcoming and efficient environment is maintained in the Children's
Crisis Stabilization Unit (CCSU). They will work to provide optimal
customer service to consumers and other stakeholders. This position
requires work in a children's short-term crisis stabilization unit
that operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. They will work
closely with clinical and administrative staff and consumers of all
populations, specifically with children, to ensure efficient safe
and effective care.Desired Skills:
- Personality and demeanor to deal with the public and assist
distraught consumers.· Ability to remain calm and work as a team in
crisis situations.· Ability to work well on a multi-disciplinary
team· Strong understanding of, and ability to comply with all HIPAA
requirements· Strong customer service skills
- Ability to problem solveEssential Duties / Functions:
- Welcomes consumers and visitors to the unit by greeting
consumers and visitors in person and on the telephone and answering
inquiries or referring questions to other staff members.
- Provides a safe and nurturing environment with an emphasis on
respect, diversity, acceptance, and compassion.
- Assists ill or distraught consumers as necessary.
- Provides customer service in a polite and professional
- Responds to complaints and seek the appropriate resolution
- Participates in crisis intervention training and provide an
empathic "listening ear," as needed
- Ensures all consumers receive and complete intake paperwork,
and that documentation is uploaded in EMR system.
- Participates in the medical office emergency routine when
required. Summons ambulance or EMS or assists other staff members
- Maintains reception area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Opens and sorts office mail.
- Ensures proper supply of forms are available to staff.
- Relays messages accurately and timely.
- Completes EMR documentation as required by clinical
- Attends trainings and meetings as needed.
- Schedule/reschedule/confirm appointments as needed.
- Fulfillment of all initial and ongoing training
- Carries out other duties as assigned by supervisor/site
director.Qualifications: High school graduate or equivalent is
required. Graduate of a certified medical office training course
preferred. One to two years of behavioral health and/or crisis
experience is highly preferred. Working Conditions: Staff needs to
be prepared to work in an acute, locked-down crisis unit. The work
environment is that of a crisis center and may subject staff to
behavioral and medical events that could be physically hazardous.
They must be actively involved with clients and on occasion may
need to use approved CPI techniques or pursue eloping
clients.Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
computer. May require prolonged periods of standing, moving and
bending. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Keywords: New Oakland Family Centers, Pontiac , Children's Crisis Stabilization Unit Medical Recep, Healthcare , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!