Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Hybrid Energy Systems)
Company: Xalt Energy
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job Summary: The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will design,
develop, and validate Hybrid Energy System software for
transportation and industrial applications, in collaboration with
an international team. The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will
lead and ensure all software development projects and initiatives
are in conformance with organization's policies and objectives. The
Senior Embedded Software Engineer is expected to demonstrate
working expertise in software architecture, design, and development
for networked embedded systems, have experience leading software
projects, and delivering production software. Preferred experience
would include development of control software of distributed
systems. This is a senior role where leadership and mentoring
skills are important. Primary Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Fuel Cell and Battery teams to establish
software control strategy
- Design and develop embedded software for HES applications to
meet cost, timing, and performance targets
- Review, approve, or modify production software designs
- Ensure code and artifacts are maintained to guidelines,
participate in and lead code reviews
- Establish and adhere to software engineering processes to
support efficient and effective high quality embedded software
Additional Support Responsibilities
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Assess competitive technologies for software innovation, cost,
performance, and functional advantages
- Work with the Marketing & Sales team to define and implement
software supporting HES product roadmaps; develop overall concepts
for new products, and develop cost, timing and feasibility
- Work with Program Managers to rigorously enforce Change
Management discipline after Design Freeze to ensure HES software
reflects and complies with the appropriate revision levels of the
- Proactively support design validation teams in test plan
reviews to ensure testing strategies and methods truly stress and
verify design compliance and safety
- Drive fast and thorough problem resolution through use of
team-oriented problem solving tools, including 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why,
Is-IsNot techniques Position Qualifications:
- B.S. in Electrical, Electronics, Software or Controls
Engineering (M.S. preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design and development of
automotive quality embedded controller software for embedded
systems (NXP Power Architecture preferred).
- Exposure to Automotive Standards and Processes (CMMI / V-Model
/ ASPICE / ISO26262 / etc.)
- Proficient in Model Based SW Design
- Exposure to embedded RTOS (e.g. SafeRTOS)
- Experience with Vector Family of CAN tools (CANalyzer /CANoe /
CANape) including CAN Database and CAPL development
- Competent in supporting software languages (pearl, python,
.NET, Visual Basic, etc.).
- Proficient in working with requirement management systems (e.g.
DOORs) as well as generating Software Requirements from higher
level requirements (e.g. System Requirements). Key
- Experience in taking designs from concept, to requirements, to
code, to test, to production implementation.
- Experience with hands on Development and Laboratory equipment
(function generators, logic analyzers, Debugging modules, advanced
- Experience with use of and continued development of the
- Experience in developing and executing SW integration and unit
level testing and plans.
- Experience with Rapid Prototyping systems, such as dSPACE.
- Basic understanding of PCB schematics and comfortable with
basic hardware tasks (soldering components, adding jumpers, harness
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially Project,
Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Builds safety, quality and compliance into all actions;
committed to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Takes action and displays behaviors that demonstrate ownership
in the success of the company. Demonstrates focus on meeting both
internal and external customer needs when identifying, prioritizing
and accomplishing tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to build and lead teams to reach desired
outcomes. Evaluates existing work processes and initiates practices
to promote continuous improvement.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills position
requires strong interaction in multi-functional team environment.by
Keywords: Xalt Energy, Pontiac , Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Hybrid Energy Systems), IT / Software / Systems , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!