Senior Software Architect
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Senior/Staff Software Architect - PowerDrive Systems
Auburn Hills, MI or Kokomo, IN.
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and
sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a
company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together
talented employees, meaningful work and amazing technology in a
unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our
vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe health and safety of our employees are a top priority,
we care about our local communities and the global environment.
BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and inclusive
environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence, commits to
responsibility for our communities and the environment, and builds
on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and
encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture,
technologies and future vision. We offer a strong local presence
and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with
BorgWarner is seeking a Software Architect in its North American
region. The Software Architect will pioneer all the aspects of
software architecture activities for PowerDrive business unit .
This individual is responsible for defining and supporting the
building of desirable, feasible, viable, and sustainable
architecture that delights customer over the development cycle.
He/she needs to be driven by a customer centric mindset and
platform oriented to utilize design thinking to guide their
As an Architect you will responsible for working closely with
development teams to establish software technology road maps and
need to have a broad background of power electronics domain and
software engineering skills and willing to approach problems at the
- Champion the software architecture planning, design and
implementation - in particular
- Develop and implement architecture and verification plan
- Drive and conduct code reviews
- Advise project and program management in planning
- Mentor development of team members
- Partition the technology layer functions and interfaces to
support reusability, flexibility, maintainability, and
modularization of software architecture.
- Govern the software interfaces by participating in
multi-functional team discussions to ensure alignment with various
- Enable and support the software engineering team to deep dive
top issues and execute improvement actions for root cause.
- Provide software technical leadership and work as interface to
internal software developers, system group as well as external
- Promote common software architecture and best practices to
software engineering teams.
- Cooperation with system team in determining customer
requirements and interface specifications between components.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
or relevant engineering field required.
- Sophisticated knowledge with a variety of CPU architectures and
microprocessor peripheral interfaces.
- Strong systems thinker with deep understanding of real-time
- Experience in usage and development of SysML/UML based
- Experience in the modeling of the dynamic behaviour of embedded
- Knowledge with source code build orchestration tools such as
gunmake, Cmake. etc.
- Ability to think from a top-down design perspective to drive
the software architecture.
- Ability to influence and socialize technical ideas across the
- Master's degree in Power Electronics, Automotive Engineering or
relevant engineering field. (preferable)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to build relationships with all functions. (preferable).
- Open-mindedness, creative thinking, willing to take calculated
risks, and make informed decisions. (preferable).
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Join the company that is creating solutions that support a cleaner,
more energy-efficient world
For more information about BorgWarner, please visit
Internal Use Only Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Job Type Regular
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Pontiac , Senior Software Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!