Fuel Cell Corrosion Engineer
Company: General Motors
Posted on: April 9, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions
and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate
about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people
to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as
we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are
committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
We are seeking a capable corrosion engineer to actively contribute
to a team developing fuel cells for transportation applications.
The successful candidate will develop corrosion test methods for
evaluating bipolar plate materials for fuel cell applications and
apply these method to specify and select bipolar plate materials
for fuel cell applications.
- Plan, develop and execute test plans aimed at developing
improved substrate materials for fuel cell bipolar plates.
- Develop and apply new methods to understand and improve the
corrosion resistance of bipolar plates.
- Manage fuel cell test assets, including coordinating build,
maintenance and end of life disposition.
- Create fundamental and/or semiempirical models to project
bipolar plates corrosion as a function of fuel cell operating
- Develop accelerated test to rapidly screen bipolar plate
substrate materials and coatings.
- Plan and coordinate end of life failure analysis testing with
materials characterization experts, summarize and report
- Conduct thorough statistical analyses of experimental
- Prepare written reports of test results and present results to
- Interface with materials suppliers to ensure development of
materials that meet GM requirements
- Execute tests in accordance to GM procedures, ISO standards,
SAE and ECE, Federal Register (CFR) procedures, and GMS
- Quickly identify issues / problems and report to responsible
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Up to 20% travelAdditional Job Description
- BS in engineering in either chemical, materials/metallurgy or
related engineering fields.
- 3 years experience in advanced engineering or research.
- 3 years experience in developing understanding of materials
- Ability to evaluate or develop technologies and tools with in
the materials corrosion related area.
- Must function well in a fast-paced, diverse engineering
environment and be flexible and adaptive to unexpected technical
issues and concerns.
- Basic understanding of PEM fuel cell technology.
- Hands-on, independent, self-motivated contributor with strong
problem solving skills and a focus on innovation.
- Strong organization skills with high level of attention to
- Communication: strong oral, written and presentation
- MS or PhD in electrochemistry, material science, metallurgy or
- More than 5 years experience with metals corrosion and
corrosion mitigation strategies.
- 5 years experience in specifying/ commissioning of corrosion
test equipment and developing testing protocols.Benefits
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave
for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you
save for retirement;
Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Associated topics: chemical engineer, chemistry, engineer, fuel,
gas, gas line, natural gas, petrol, petroleum, petroleum
Keywords: General Motors, Pontiac , Fuel Cell Corrosion Engineer, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!