Assistant Chief Engineer Gen3 Fuel Cell System
Company: General Motors
Posted on: April 9, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions
and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate
about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people
to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as
we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are
committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The Assistant Chief Engineer will lead the process by which we
define the technology content of the fuel cell system. This
includes integrating technology from the fuel cell advanced
development project with supplied components of propulsion system
and vehicle to meet the program's technical and commercial targets.
This person will be responsible for supporting the Fuel Cell System
Chief Engineer as well as interfacing with Planning and vehicle
teams both internal and external to General Motors.
Provide leadership to product engineering team for given propulsion
- Responsible for delivering balanced, integrated and validated
propulsion system to vehicle team that meets propulsion system
- Coordinate with Sub-system leaders for hardware and control
- Responsible for releasing propulsion system & sub-system
requirements on time.
- Responsible for on-time execution of Balanced Architecture (BA)
- Responsible for getting engineering issue resolved on time per
issue resolution process and solutions implemented to program's
Manage engineering plan, timing and budget.
- Responsible for providing engineering input to PET/Vehicle
- Responsible for establishing product engineering budget.
- Responsible for approval of purchase requests for prototype
material/proto tooling, Outside Services, and ED&D within the
Represent propulsion system engineering team.
- Responsible for product engineering deliverables/report
outs/follow-ups in PET.
- Provide product engineering input and feedback to
electrification planning studies.
- Responsible for product engineering's material in forums where
topics related to propulsion system engineering and integration are
Support CE in decision making process.
- Lead design reviews
- Lead PAPIR meetings following the GEGP Meeting Charter
- Provide input to HRM process as needed/requested Additional Job
- BSE, BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, or Chemical
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to drive
teams to consistently meet deadlines, organize task teams around
challenging issues, communicate clearly and succinctly to
leadership and customers with appropriate facts and
recommendations, exercise good judgment when dealing with
incomplete information, and maintain focus and composure under
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and change while
working on complex problems
- Solid understanding of propulsion and vehicle product
- Basic familiarity with manufacturing, vehicle assembly and
- Basic understanding of specifications and release terms and
systems PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- MSE, MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Five or more years of experience in electrified propulsion
systems related analysis, integration, and/or system design and
- Familiarity with electrical, controls, N&V, thermal, and
physical integration of electrified propulsion systems
- High voltage or electrified vehicle safety training and hands
on work experience
- 10+ Years' experience with a major automotive OEMBenefits
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave
for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you
save for retirement;
Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us at
...@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the
specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title
and requisition number of the position for which you are
Associated topics: chemical, chemical engineer, chemistry,
engineer, fuel, gas, gas line, monomer, natural gas, petroleum
Keywords: General Motors, Pontiac , Assistant Chief Engineer Gen3 Fuel Cell System, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!