Fuel Cell Research Engineer
Company: General Motors
Posted on: April 9, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions
and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate
about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people
to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as
we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are
committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Seeking capable researcher with electrochemical background to
contribute to a team evaluating PEMFC membrane electrode assemblies
for automotive applications. The position is to support research
and development of electro-catalyst and electrode layers used in
polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells.
- Work with multidisciplinary team of fuel cell scientists and
engineers to screen and develop fuel cell components, specific
focus will be on electro-catalyst layers.
- Support ink formulation and coating development activities for
electro-catalyst layers and integrate with other cell
- Conduct design of experiments to optimize electrode
performance. Correlate material and electrochemical properties to
- Develop new electrode designs to overcome performance losses
associated with ionomer films.
- Execute screening and durability evaluation of new catalysts
and nafion ionomers.
- Conduct electrochemical characterization such as polarization
tests, limiting currents to quantify performance losses. Use
electrochemical models to simulate experimental data and identify
performance loss components.
- Support cost reduction efforts for fuel cell stack components
- Support failure analysis and post mortem evaluation of membrane
- Should possess hands on experience in one or more analytical
tools such as BET, MIP, SEM, ICP, TEM, TGA etc.
- Ability to evaluate or develop technologies and tools with in
the materials area.
- Hands-on, independent, self-motivated contributor with strong
problem solving skills
- Strong organization skills with high level of attention to
detail and interpersonal skills to work effectively with
- Communication: Strong oral, written and presentation
skills.Additional Job Description
- Master's degree in Material Science, Polymer Science, Chemical,
or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years' of working experience in fuel cells,
batteries, electrochemistry requiredPREFERRED SKILLS
- PhD in Material Science, Polymer Science, Chemical, or
- Working experience with fuel cell materials and systems,
specific to electrode design, electro catalyst and
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave
for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you
save for retirement;
Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Associated topics: c#, c c++, electrical, electronic, machine
learning, matlab, photonics, programmer, programming, robotics
Keywords: General Motors, Pontiac , Fuel Cell Research Engineer, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!