Senior Fuel Cell System Modeling Engineer
Company: General Motors
Posted on: April 9, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions
and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate
about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people
to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as
we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are
committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The Senior Fuel Cell System Modeling Engineer will develop and
implement system models used in Fuel Cell System (FCS) and Fuel
Cell Power Cube (FCPC) development and application.
- Design and develop complex dynamic models of systems containing
hydrogen fuel cell technology and the related components (including
fuel cells, hydrogen tanks, batteries, propulsion motors, power
electronics, etc.). Models will be capable of predicting
system-level behavior of fuel cell based systems including
electrochemical reactions, voltage, current, flow, pressure,
temperature, and gas concentrations.
- Work closely with controls engineers to integrate this model
with fuel cell system controls to produce full model-in-the-loop
(MIL) and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) tools using
- Work closely with multi-disciplined engineering teams to
understand and develop functional requirements and initiate,
perform, and communicate results of appropriate modeling/analysis
- Use the MIL/HIL tools to perform system architecture, operating
condition, and cost optimization studies.
- Interface with hardware design and test engineers to develop
test plans to generate system-level dynamic response data. Employ
underlying physics and/or system identification tools for model
- Perform model validation using mass and energy balance checks
and statistical comparison to component and system test data.
Define tests to efficiently cover the range of anticipated
application operating conditions.
- Execute project plans with appropriate technical guidance.
- Travels as requiredAdditional Job Description
- BS in Engineering and 2-3 years of experience or MS in same
with 1+ years or Phd with study in dynamic modeling
- Experience in electrified systems (e.g. fuel cell, battery
electric, or hybrid vehicle) analysis, modeling, and/or
- Knowledge in classical and modern dynamic modeling theory
including practical nonlinear system identification
- Knowledge of numerical methods and dynamic process
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink/State Flow or similar CAE
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies and employ
systems engineering and controls to make such technologies
- Ability to work in a team and interface with colleagues from
different backgrounds towards technology improvement and problem
- MS in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering with study in dynamic
physical modeling and 6+ years of experience or Phd w/ 3+.
- Experience in implementation of MIL/HIL systems
- Experience with software change & configuration management
systems (e.g. GiT)
- "C" programming experience
- Dynamic modeling experience using GTPower, AMESim or similar
- Experience with the development and implementation of system
level test protocols and advanced data analysis techniques to
support the validation of complex models.
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and
effectively with others
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave
for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you
save for retirement;
Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Keywords: General Motors, Pontiac , Senior Fuel Cell System Modeling Engineer, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!