Fuel Cell Electrochemical Diagnostic Engineer
Company: General Motors
Posted on: April 9, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions
and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate
about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people
to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as
we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are
committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
We are seeking a capable analytical engineer to actively contribute
to a team evaluating fuel cell electrodes and membrane-electrode
assemblies (MEAa) for transportation applications. The successful
candidate will develop diagnostic methods and collect and analyze
data to help understand MEA degradation over its life.
- Develop new test methods and diagnostics to identify sources of
electrode performance loss.
- Leverage universities and national labs to develop novel
in-situ diagnostics to fill gaps in internal capabilities and
- Perform failure analyses on tested electrodes.
- Collect and analyze durability data from different test
platforms, including single cells, stacks, and full systems.
- Work with the team to determine relative importance of
different mechanisms of electrode degradation, and to develop
predictive performance degradation models.
- Develop fundamental mechanistic understanding of fuel cell
voltage loss terms and failure modes
- Contribute to the development of designs and operating
strategies to remediate performance degradation mechanisms
- Prepare written reports of test results and present results to
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Up to 20% travelAdditional Job Description
- BS in chemical, materials, or mechanical engineering or
- Basic understanding of electrochemistry and PEM fuel cell
- Hands-on, independent, self-motivated contributor with strong
problem solving skills
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and design of
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft OfficePREFERRED SKILLS
- MS or PhD candidates with strong experimental skills and
- 3 years of experience with hands-on fuel cell operation and
- 3 years of experience with electrochemical measurements such as
voltammetry and EIS
- Good understanding of materials characterization methods such
as XRD, ICP, XPS, SEM, TEM, SAXS, XRF, and EPMA
- Proficiency in computer programing to help with large amount of
data processing (VBA, Python, etc.)Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave
for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you
save for retirement;
Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Associated topics: chemical, chemical engineer, chemistry,
engineer, gas, gas line, monomer, petrol, petroleum, petroleum and
Keywords: General Motors, Pontiac , Fuel Cell Electrochemical Diagnostic Engineer, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!