Battery Systems Application Engineer - RESS-AE
Company: General Motors
Posted on: April 30, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions
and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate
about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people
to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as
we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are
committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The Battery Systems Application Engineer - RESS-AE will
provide support for the Battery Design System Engineer-RESS (DSE)
and Battery Assistant Chief Engineer RESS-ACE.
The individual will represent the BET Battery Program product line
to the customer and represent the customer to the propulsion system
- Responsible for the design, integration, execution of total
RESS assembly and its internal components, ensuring the completed
assembly meets all functional and safety requirements.
- Evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing and
control of major engineering projects where creativity and
initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent
judgment. Consults with leadership as required.
- Utilize UG skills to design, check designs, check design
integration, and run basic analysis as required.
- Support experimental and production build programs and Issue
resolution and vehicle assembly plant.
- Represent the RESS assembly at the CIT and workshops involving
RESS integration issues in vehicle"
- Ability to lead a team from different organizations to develop
an provide engineering solutions as required.
- Facilitate resolution of application issues
- Engineering Work Order technical assessment and
- Plant Tryout and Production Trial Run support.
- Special projects
- Generate Technical solutions for current, new and major
- Assists in implementing engineering changes.
- Communicates, coordinates and consults with engineering
departments and customers.
- Understand customer's usage duty cycle
- Develop and maintain propulsion system applications
- Initiates documents to provide engineering authority and to
maintain math data
- Solves engineering related problems
- Manage the completion of ICDs internally and
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive
- May travel to plants if needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or other
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of electrified vehicle system and
- Ability to lead DFMEA and other analysis required for part
- High level of project management skills and the ability to
influence those that are not direct reports
- Ability to create and present information to leadership, peers,
customers and suppliers in a clear and concise manner
- Must function well in engineering design team environment and
have experience working with manufacturing engineering, and other
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel to global locations
- Prior experience with Battery Systems, electrification
products, including High voltage systems.
- Master of Science in Electrical /Mechanical or other
- Act as back-up for the DSE as required
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental
leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help
you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us
atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors, Pontiac , Battery Systems Application Engineer - RESS-AE, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!