Company: Trinity Health Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Full time mammography position
I Accountability Objectives:
The mammography technologist will perform diagnostic imaging
functions as described in the staff technologist job description.
In addition, he/she will perform mammographic imaging and assume
QA/QC responsibilities. He/she must be self-motivated, use
independent judgement and be able to work with minimum supervision.
He/she must be uniquely empathetic to high stress situations.
II Position Qualifications:
Minimum Education, Licensure / Certification and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associate degree in Allied Health.
- Completion of CAHEA approved school of Radiologic
B. Licensure / Certification
- Registered by the ARRT(R)&(M)
- Acquire 15 CEC in mammography within a three-year period.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
C Special Skill / Aptitudes
Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order
to deal effectively with various levels of hospital personnel,
outside customers and community groups.
- Two years of experience as a registered Diagnostic Radiology
Technologist is preferred.
III Duties / Responsibilities:
- Performs routine breast imaging with optimum diagnostic quality
and consideration for patient tolerance and comfort.
- He/she will be expected to maintain compliance with existing
policies and procedures unique to Women's Care Center/Ambulatory
Care Center including but not limited to needle localizations,
ductograms, specimen imaging, patient call backs, and core
- Demonstrates competence in advance breast imaging technique,
including but not limited to spot compression, magnification
procedures, lesion and calcification localization, breast implant
procedures, and breast specimen imaging.
- Performs and documents accreditation testing requirements of
such agencies as ACR, State of Michigan, Mammography Quality
Standards Act, and including but not limited to darkroom
cleanliness, cleaning processor cross over rack, processor quality
control, screen cleanliness, view boxes and viewing conditions,
phantom images, visual checklist, repeat analysis, analysis of
fixer retention in film, darkroom fog, screen film contact, and
- Reports problems identified through QA/QC testing to lead
technologist or supervisor and documents all corrective actions
- Ability to communicate effectively in a calming and reassuring
manner on a daily basis with patients whose anxiety level is
- Order and/or assure availability of supplies needed for Mercy
Women's Care Center.
- Participates in problem solving for the Mercy Women's Care
Center. He/she reports work related problems to the supervisor or
lead technologist or, in their absence, to the administrative
- Participates in department meetings, orientation training,
in-service programs and quality assurance programs. Involvement
with pertinent committees in the hospital that relate to women's
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and
commitment to the mission of St. Joseph Mercy Oakland through
performing behaviors consistent with the Trinity Health
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and
Local laws and regulations, the Trinity Health Organizational
Integrity Program, including the Standards of Conduct, Code of
Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure
adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and
- Supports and conducts one's self in a manner consistent with
customer service expectations.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, determines
that appropriate charges have been entered for the correct patient,
encounter, date/time of service, with any required modifiers. Make
corrections as needed per charge capture policy/practice.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, actively
participates in on-going education and communication regarding
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, assists with
tracking and monitoring of equipment assigned to the unit. Requests
services for maintaining equipment as needed.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, proficient
with the electronic health records for documentation, assessment,
and care management, performing these activities concurrently with
provision of care throughout the shift.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Corporation, Pontiac , Mammography Technologist, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!