Sr. Systems Engineer - Fuel Cell Electrical Subsystem
Company: General Motors LLC
Posted on: September 5, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions
and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate
about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people
to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as
we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are
committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Are you a motivated, innovative engineer interested in contributing
to GM's zero emissions future? The Fuel Cell Electrical System
Engineer (FCS) serves as the program high voltage function and
operational strategy domain specialist. This person will work
collaboratively with sibling subsystem Engineers, the FCS System
Lead, FCS Architects and a diverse set of partners to define the
subsystem technical specification and select architectures that
meet FCS customer needs. Come help us translate the Hydrotec®
technology into sustainable solutions that improve the communities
in which we live and work!
- Throughout the global product development process provide
readiness status for electrical subsystem requirements and
- Responsible for translating customer and partner needs into
detailed, testable statements of observable system functional and
quality of service properties.
- Review requirements with partners and negotiate conflicts to
reach a mutually beneficial outcome.
- Maintain and champion Subsystem Technical Specifications (SSTS)
inside of the Next Generation DOORS® environment.
- Develop system architectural and technological options for the
FCS electrical functions. Evaluate the approaches and select a
specific architecture to be developed.
- Use typical GM tools and activities (FTA, FMEA and SEFA) to
identify and reduce the probability of uncertain events or maximize
the potential of opportunities provided by them.
- Create first principal models, use provided data and work with
other specialists to support technical understanding, facilitate
technical decision making and assessing requirement
Additional Job Description
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of relevant high voltage engineering
- Technical expertise in high voltage components or control
- Understanding of relevant engineering fundamentals such as
power electronics, HV isolation and safety.
- Experience writing technical performance and interface
- System problem solver: derive solutions through holistic
understanding of the problem and environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate
differences of opinions and facilitate discussion as needed with
collaborative multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to
- Strong oral, graphical and written communication skills to
effectively communicate issues, status and recommendations to
- Graduate degree in Engineering with 5+ years of proven
- Familiar with IBM DOORs Next Generation (Global Configuration
Management, Requirements Management), and IBM Rational Team
- 3+ years of developing system or subsystem
- 3+ years of relevant fuel cell experience
- Knowledge of model based system engineering (MBSE)
methodologies using UML or SysML
- Prior risk and decision management experience and use of
structured frameworks for objectively evaluating a set of
- Experience using design of experiments and statistical modeling
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental
leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help
you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us
atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors LLC, Pontiac , Sr. Systems Engineer - Fuel Cell Electrical Subsystem, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!