Fuel Cell Development Engineer - Power Converter
Company: General Motors LLC
Posted on: September 13, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions
and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate
about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people
to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as
we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are
committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
You will be responsible for developing fuel cell power converter
devices to meet fuel cell system requirements and resolving complex
technical issues. You will need to be creative and take initiative
as well as use a high level of independent discernment with respect
to the electrical and mechanical behavior of the fuel cell power
- Plan and coordinate work with suppliers to develop fuel cell
power converter devices to meet Gen3 fuel cell system
- Develop engineering designs and generate technical solutions
for advanced hardware.
- Plan, develop and execute tests aimed at characterizing
performance and durability of various fuel cell power converter
- Manage fuel cell power converter test assets, including
prototype procurement, maintenance, and end of life
- Plan and coordinate end of life failure analysis testing with
subject matter experts, summarize and report results.
- Conduct thorough statistical analyses of experimental
- Prepare written reports of test results and present results to
a broader team.
- Interface with suppliers to ensure the development of
prototypes that meet GM requirements.
- Provide test direction to lab technicians and lead
- Consult with technical experts as required.
- Perform complex diagnostics and problem solving.
- Communicate, coordinate, and consult with engineering
departments and customers.
- Maintain diagnostic service documents and "lessons learned"
- Stay abreast of new product and test technology.
- Execute tests in accordance to GM procedures, ISO standards,
SAE and ECE, Federal Register (CFR) procedures, and GMS
- Quickly identify issues / problems and report to responsible
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- BS in engineering either electrical, electronics or related
- 2+ years in advanced engineering or research of power
- 2+ years of experience in design or manufacturing of electronic
power conversion devices
- Experience in the design, development, and testing of power
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must.
- Must function well in a fast-paced, diverse engineering
environment and be flexible and adaptive to unexpected technical
issues and concerns.
- Hands-on, independent, self-motivated contributor with strong
problem-solving skills and a focus on innovation.
- Strong organization skills with high level of attention to
- Communication: strong oral, written and presentation
- Comfortable with setting up bench / component level testing to
understand root cause of the issue.
- MS in either electrical, electronics or related engineering
- More than 3 years of experience in advanced engineering or
research of power electronic devices.
- More than 3 years of experience in design or manufacturing of
electronic power conversion devices.
- High voltage training or certification.
- Experience with circuit board failure analysis.
- Comfortable in dealing with undefined / under-defined
- Adaptable in dealing with evolving goals and targets.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental
leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help
you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us
atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors LLC, Pontiac , Fuel Cell Development Engineer - Power Converter, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!