Senior Fuel Cell Stack Development Engineer
Company: General Motors LLC
Posted on: September 14, 2021
General Motors is at the forefront of transitioning personal
transportation. To enable this transition, we are looking for
motivated and enthusiastic individuals to create our next
generation electrochemical conversion devices. You will be
responsible for developing the test direction of current and future
hydrogen energy conversion stack designs and resolving complex
technical issues. You will need to have thorough knowledge and
understanding, be creative, take initiative as well as use a high
level of independent discernment with respect to the
electrochemical and mechanical behavior of these electrochemical
energy conversion devices.
Stack Owner / Test Development
- Apply the physics of fuel cells to calculate operating
conditions for optimizing performance and durability
- Design experiments and work with test engineers to conduct
- Work with large data amounts using existing GM tools as well as
create your own as needed in excel or python.
- Plan, develop and execute tests aimed at characterizing
durability of various PEM fuel cell components and stacks.
- Develop software (VBA, Python, Matlab) and hardware solutions
to continuously improve fuel cell testing quality and
- Manage fuel cell test assets, including coordinating build,
maintenance, and end of life disposition.
- Plan and coordinate end of life failure analysis testing with
materials characterization experts, summarize and report
- Conduct thorough statistical analyses of experimental
- Prepare written reports of test results and present results to
- Interface with materials suppliers to insure development of
materials the meet GM requirements.
- Execute tests in accordance to GM procedures, ISO standards,
SAE and ECE, Federal Register (CFR) procedures, and GMS
- Quickly identify issues / problems and report to responsible
- Maintain a safe working environment.
Additional Job Description
- MS in engineering either chemical, mechanical, material, or
related engineering fields.
- More than 3 years of experience in fuel cells or similar
advance technology research and development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must.
- Must function well in a fast-paced, diverse engineering
environment and be flexible and adaptive to unexpected technical
issues and concerns.
- Good understanding of PEM fuel cell technology.
- Hands-on, independent, self-motivated contributor with strong
problem-solving skills and a focus on innovation.
- Strong organization skills with high level of attention to
- Communication: strong oral, written and presentation
- PhD in chemical, material science, mechanical or related
- More than 5 years of experience in fuel cells.
- Statistics and design of experiment training and
- Polymer / materials background specifically in developing
- Experience with materials characterization and
- Comfortable in dealing with undefined / under-defined
- Adaptable in dealing with evolving goals and targets.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero
Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change
that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe
we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively
- to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our
culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation
of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where
they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent
on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their
background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they
belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental
leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help
you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us
atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors LLC, Pontiac , Senior Fuel Cell Stack Development Engineer, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!