Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking an Embedded
Software Engineering Specialist to join our team. This position is
based at our Southfield, MI location. Relocation
and Visa sponsorsip assistance is available for a qualified
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to
improve people’s lives and the environment by making power
management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the
passion of every employee around the world. We create
an environment where creativity, invention and discovery
become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold,
bright professionals like you can reach your full
potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is
collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the
transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient
vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower
overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
The Embedded Software Engineering Specialist is responsible
for leading the design and development of Eaton eMobility base
software components following software development schedule.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead the analysis of software requirement, functional
decomposition, DFMEA and technical solutions.
- Configure AUTOSAR stack according to software requirement and
- Assist with coordination and negotiation of software
- Lead code review effort and release software components and
- Lead unit level test and troubleshooting activities
- Apply the appropriate software standards, processes, procedures
and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
- Support Eaton eMobility procurement activities and lead
software technical negotiation
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience of working knowledge of
C/C++ and software development tools for embedded
- Minimum of three (3) year experience AUTOSAR stacks
configuration, framework, architecture, specification
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Science, or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited
- Working experience with inverter, OBC and DCDC product a
- Working experience of safety product a plus
- Experience with ISO26262 part 6 on software requirement and
- Knowledge of communication interfaces I2C, RS232, USB, LIN,
SPI, Ethernet, CAN
- Working knowledge of OEM or Tier1 development process
- Working experience with IBM JAZZ a plus
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from
within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time