Senior Fuel Cell Systems Engineer - Electrical Subsystem
Company: General Motors LLC
Posted on: October 11, 2021
The GM Fuel Cell Team is committed to making MONUMENTAL
STRIDES toward a more sustainable, clean and efficient world!
The Senior Fuel Cell Systems Engineer - Electrical Subsystem
plays an integral part in achieving this mission. The ideal
candidate will have a strong electrical background with technical
expertise in high voltage systems and serves as the program's high
voltage functional and operational strategy domain specialist.
Please visit the GM Hydrotec site to learn more about recent
announcements... lots more to come! https://www.gmhydrotec.com/
We encourage WORK LIFE BALANCE and support a FLEXIBLE
A day in the life...
- Develop system architectural and technological options for the
FCS electrical functions. Evaluate the approaches and select a
specific architecture to be developed.
- Create first principal models, use provided data and work with
other specialists to support technical understanding, facilitate
technical decision making and assessing requirement
- Use typical GM tools and activities (FTA, FMEA and SEFA) to
identify and reduce the probability of uncertain events or maximize
the potential of opportunities provided by them.
- Throughout the global product development process provide
readiness status for electrical subsystem requirements and
- Responsible for translating customer and partner needs into
detailed, testable statements of observable system functional and
quality of service properties.
- Review requirements with partners and negotiate conflicts to
reach a mutually beneficial outcome.
- Maintain and champion Subsystem Technical Specifications (SSTS)
inside of the Next Generation DOORS® environment.
Additional Job Description
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of relevant high voltage engineering
- Technical expertise in high voltage components or control
- Understanding of relevant engineering fundamentals such as
power electronics, HV isolation and safety.
- Experience writing technical performance and interface
- System problem solver: derive solutions through holistic
understanding of the problem and environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate
differences of opinions and facilitate discussion as needed with
collaborative multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to
- Strong oral, graphical and written communication skills to
effectively communicate issues, status and recommendations to
- Graduate degree in Engineering with 5+ years of proven
- Familiar with IBM DOORs Next Generation (Global Configuration
Management, Requirements Management), and IBM Rational Team
- 3+ years of developing system or subsystem
- 3+ years of relevant fuel cell experience
- Knowledge of model-based system engineering (MBSE)
methodologies using UML or SysML
- Prior risk and decision management experience and use of
structured frameworks for objectively evaluating a set of
- Experience using design of experiments and statistical modeling
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero
Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change
that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe
we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively
- to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our
culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation
of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where
they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent
on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their
background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they
belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental
leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help
you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us
atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors LLC, Pontiac , Senior Fuel Cell Systems Engineer - Electrical Subsystem, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!