Company: Challenge Mfg. Company
Posted on: January 12, 2022
This position is responsible for planning, implementing, and
maintaining a variety of health, safety and environmental programs
to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees. The
successful candidate will be a self-starting leader who enjoys the
challenges of daily involvement with all departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules
and codes are observed. Manage OSHA recordkeeping and reporting
- Conduct risk assessments (JSA, ERGO, PPE) maintain
documentation and review as needed
- Circulate single point lessons and lessons learned created by
EHS manager to enhance communication of safety incidents
- Review required trainings to ensure employees are trained (ex:
PIT, Aerial lift, Cranes, LOTO, GHS) on a monthly basis
- Conduct weekly audits to act as a preventative tool. Document
corrective actions and follow up on progress.
- Conduct a read across for all safety incidents at their local
- Lead and conduct safety committee meetings
- Ensure all environmental obligations are completed
- Participate in annual Industrial Hygiene testing
- Evaluate and review LOTO procedures annually
- Conduct monthly and comprehensive quarterly outdoor walks of
the building to ensure environmental compliance. Create actions
items based on findings.
- Coordinate annual required trainings for new and existing
employees. (GHS, LOTO, Etc)
- Help develop controls for identified hazards, coordinate the
implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis.
- Lead the completion of annual hearing tests
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control
system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect
improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the
workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit
physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Provide advice and counseling for all compliance
- Assist in new employee orientation training
- Compile, investigate, interpret, and report accidents. Review
property and injury reports.
- Maintain site-specific policies that are required by law.
- Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety
regulations, laws or reporting requirements
- Purchasing of all safety supplies, products or training items
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Computer skills - Microsoft proficient - Word, excel, power
point, Teams, Outlook
- Desire and passion for workplace safety
- Needs to feel comfortable with public speaking
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning, organizational and follow up skills
- Excellent people and process management skills
- Strong desire to be a part of a high growth company with an
entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, result-oriented
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and
completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all
aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by
listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance
and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all
aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as
positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective
manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others;
shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent;
takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITY This position does not have any direct
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Will spend much time on the plant floor (automotive
manufacturing) in a stamping and robotic welding facility.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCEEducation
- B.S. /B.A. degree with at least 1 year related experience in
safety, environmental, or health management and
- Possess a high level of technical expertise, ability to apply
skills to continuous process improvement while maintaining maximum
levels of safety
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCEExperience
- Safety committee member
- Experience in workplace inspections and identifying
- Experience in risk assessments
- First Responder / Aid / CPR training / management of blood
- Certified in MIOSHA General Industry Level 1 desirable
- Certified in OSHA 10+ or 30 + hour certified desirable
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Challenge Mfg. Company, Pontiac , Safety Coordinator, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!