Company: McLaren Health Care
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Patient Liaison is
responsible for assisting patients and visitors at McLaren Oakland;
greeting, activation in internal computer systems, assisting with
communication with other hospital departments, directing patient
and family to
appropriate hospital areas and liaison with department staff to
designated information with the family. The Patient Liaison will
clerical duties to enhance the flow of patient care, maintenance of
revenue cycle efficiency.
**Essential Functionsand Responsibilities:**
**1)** **Receives andgreets patients in the and interprets
patient/visitor requests for services.**
1. Assistspatient and family in understanding the processes of care
that they will experience.
2. Assistspatient registration to complete registration.
3. Completesdata entry as necessary for activation of patient in
the electronic healthrecord.
4. Maintainscurrent and accurate census in the electronic health
5. Assemblesand maintains patient record document packets.
6. Liaisonswith clinical department staff to obtain information
regarding patient andshareswith family members in accordancewith
patient's express wishes and privacy statutes.
7. Keepsclinical data bases updated related to patient
8. Obtainslegal signatures for treatment and Privacy Notices.
9. Reportsequipment failure to designated repair source.
11. Files,maintains, and prepares patient records for disposition
12. Manages patientcharges including equipment, supplies,
procedures, and professional fees asappropriate..
13. Completesthe pre-encounter phone calls.
14. Answersphone and provides information.
15. Escortspatients and families to their destination as
16. Completesadditional assigned tasks in a timely manner.
17. Performsother related duties as assigned.
+ _High School Diploma_
+ _One year experience_
+ _Associate's Degree_
+ _Four years experience in a customer service orhealth care
+ _Medical terminology_
**Knowledge, Skills,and Abilities:**
+ Extensive contact with others.
+ Continual contact with hospital visitorsand hospital staff.
+ Must be able to communicate and interactwith others
professionally, courteously and empathetically.
+ Must be able to multi-task, work under pressureand maintain calm
composure at all times.
+ Able to interpret verbal and written information,applying it to
+ Ability to type 25 wpm.
**Primary Location:** Michigan-Pontiac-McLaren Oakland
**Organization** OAK10-McLaren Oakland-Hospital
**Employee Status** Regular
**Shift** Day Job
**Job Type** Standard
**Req ID:** 20009994
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Pontiac , Patient Liaison, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!