Research RN - Oncology Services
Company: Trinity Health Corporation
Posted on: June 16, 2022
I Accountability Objectives:
Performs all duties necessary to coordinate, manage and monitor
cancer research studies involving St. Joseph Mercy Oakland. This
person will also work in conjunction with other community clinical
oncology programs and outside
sponsoring companies (pharmaceutical and industrial) in relation to
cancer research protocols.
II Position Qualifications:
Minimum Education, Licensure / Certification and Experience
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) or the equivalent
B. Licensure / Certification
* Current RN state licensure.
* Oncology Nurse Certification, preferred
* Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) with American Heart
C Special Skill / Aptitudes
* Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order
to deal effectively with various levels of hospital personnel,
outside customers and community groups.
* Must demonstrate excellent communication and collaborative skill,
problem-solving, and the ability to work under nursing research
* Ability to be flexible in hours and see patients when they become
available for research studies is desirable.
* Computer skills for care documentation, report generation and
transfer data to central repository.
* Minimum two years experience in an Oncology acute care setting in
the care of cancer patients.
III Duties / Responsibilities:
* Coordinates 1 and maintains cancer research projects and
* Coordinates and maintains all the regulatory documents and case
files necessary to in compliance with the FDA, SJMO, IRB/RC,
Central IRB, and sponsoring companies.
* Meets with study monitors representing outside companies and
personnel from community clinical oncology programs as
* Acts as a liaison between Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists,
Nurses, and other hospital/MIRO staff to foster dissemination of
information and maintain positive working relationships.
* Establishes procedures for communication and cooperation between
CCOP, hospital departments, Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, and
* Educates the health care team (Physicians, Nurses, etc.)
regarding all aspects of the cancer research protocol(s).
* Determines patient eligibility to a cancer research protocol.
* Educates the patient regarding the cancer research program and
* Monitors the patient on the cancer research protocol.
* Monitors compliance of the cancer research protocol.
* Accurately completes individual cancer research case report forms
as determined by the protocol and maintains necessary documentation
for this information.
* Coordinates the Oncology Research Scientific Review Committee
* Attends tumor boards and other meetings related to Oncology
* Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and
commitment to the mission of St. Joseph Mercy Oakland through
performing behaviors consistent with the Trinity Health Values.
* Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and
Local laws and regulations, the Trinity Health Organizational
Integrity Program, including the Standards of Conduct, Code of
Ethics, as well as
* other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a
manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional
* Supports and conducts one's self in a manner consistent with
customer service expectations.
* In accordance with unit or departmental practice, determines that
appropriate charges have been entered for the correct patient,
encounter, date/time of service, with any required modifiers. Make
corrections as needed
* per charge capture policy/practice.
* In accordance with unit or departmental practice, actively
participates in on-going education and communication regarding
* In accordance with unit or departmental practice, assists with
tracking and monitoring of equipment assigned to the unit. Requests
services for maintaining equipment as needed.
* In accordance with unit or departmental practice, proficient with
the electronic health records for documentation, assessment, and
care management, performing these activities concurrently with
provision of care throughout the shift.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Corporation, Pontiac , Research RN - Oncology Services, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!