RN Clinical Leader - 7 South, Orthopedics
Company: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Evening ShiftDescription:I
Accountability Objectives:The Clinical Leader is a collaborative
leader of the care team and is responsible for coordinating and
facilitating the optimal provision of care through daily management
of unit operations as prescribed by the American Nurses Association
(ANA) Standards of Practice and Professional Performance. In
addition, the Clinical Leader is accountable to practice in
accordance with the standards established/endorsed by St Joseph
Mercy Oakland (SJMO) leadership and by external regulators and
accreditation agencies. The Clinical Leader actively promotes the
SJMO Model of Care and the nursing profession, in fulfillment of
the SJMO Quality Plan for Nursing. The Clinical Leader is
accountable todrive nursing practice though facilitation of shared
governance. The Clinical Leader is expected to abide by the ANA
Code of Ethics for Nurses.II Position Qualifications:Minimum
Education, Licensure / Certification and Experience Required.A.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.II Position
Qualifications:Minimum Education, Licensure / Certification and
Experience Required.B. Licensure / Certification
- Active license to practice nursing in the State of
- Certification by a nationally recognized nursing organization
- Membership in a professional nursing organization is
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for all inpatient bedside care areas,
and inpatient and outpatient surgical services required within 45
days from date of hire or transfer.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required for specified
care areas: AICU, CCU, PACU, Critical Care Nurse Res Pool, Cath
Lab, Amb Surgery, Emergency Department, Clinical Decision Unit
required within 6 months from date of hire or transfer.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) for specified care areas
as follows: labor and delivery, neonatal intensive care required
within 12 months from date of hire or transfer.
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification (EFM-c) is required
for specified areas as follows: Labor and Delivery, Antenatal, and
Maternal-Fetal Medicine, obtained within the first 12 months from
date of hire or transfer.
- NIH Stroke Scale for specified care areas such as follows:
AICU, CCU, emergency department, critical care NRP, and
neuroscience required within 6 months of date of hire or
- FIM credentialing for specified care areas such as follows:
inpatient rehabilitation required within 6 months of hire or
transfer.C Special Skill / Aptitudes
- Ability to use critical thinking, logic and reasoning to
address complex situations.
- Ability to serve as a teacher, mentor, and coach to patients,
students, and other care team members to advance the profession of
nursing and optimize patient outcomes.
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced
- Analytical skills necessary to organize and oversee care team
members and assist in developing and administering policies and
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal
effectively with various levels of hospital personnel, outside
customers and community groups.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve the quality of
patient care delivery through the innovative and creative
- Demonstrates responsiveness to needs of patients, other care
team members, and self.
- Ability to use and effectively integrate positive approaches to
meet diverse patient needs, optimize resources, and adapt care
processes to accommodate changes in the healthcare
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to form and maintain
positive relationships with customers and other healthcare
- Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in
order to deal effectively with various levels of hospital
personnel, outside customers and community groups.D. Experience
- Two years of experience in healthcare related field preferred,
with demonstrated leadership ability.III Duties / Responsibilities:
- Coordinates provision of care excellence in collaboration with
all care team members.
- Provides care and oversight to assure patient care reflects
respect for patients' rights, dignity, values, cultural
preferences, and expressed needs.
- Demonstrates principles of Relationship-based Care to cultivate
and maintain therapeutic relationships.
- Uses data and evidence to guide best practice and continuous
- Utilizes and assures the integration of technology to support
patient care and nursing practice.
- Utilizes process excellence tools and processes to improve the
quality of patient care delivery.
- Participates in resource planning to advance nursing practice,
quality of care, nurse and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in organizational initiatives that promote patient
and workplace safety, optimal patient outcomes, and
- Actively engages and facilitates point of care nurses'
participation in organizational and unit-based initiatives that
promote patient and workplace safety, optimal patient outcomes, and
- Contributes to the positive image of nursing and enhances the
SJMO culture of excellence by modeling professional behavior both
in the organization and the community.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to enhance one's own
professional practice through membership in a professional nursing
organization and involvement in community activities.
- Embraces change and lifelong learning, taking personal
accountability to seek out experiences that promote personal and
professional growth in order to advance skills and competence.
- Integrates principles of the Personal.Connected.Journey and
demonstrates Trinity Health Guiding Behaviors to provide excellent
care of self, patients, and care team members.
- Uses data and evidence to drive decisions at point of care that
improve and optimize care delivery, clinical outcomes, and patient
and nurse satisfaction.
- Uses and effectively integrates technology to support patient
care and nursing practice.
- Participates in recruitment, hiring, orientation, and
- Promotes a care environment that results in care excellence as
evidenced by outperforming national benchmarks for quality related
to patient outcomes, patient and care team members'
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and
commitment to the mission of St. Joseph Mercy Oakland through
performing behaviors consistent with the Trinity Health
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and
Local laws and regulations, the Trinity Health Organizational
Integrity Program, including the Standards of Conduct, Code of
Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure
adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and
- Supports and conducts one's self in a manner consistent with
customer service expectations.Our Commitment to Diversity and
InclusionTrinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and
nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because
we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to
recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language
preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve
and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We
also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and
perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to
innovative solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention,
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Pontiac , RN Clinical Leader - 7 South, Orthopedics, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!