Registered Respiratory Therapist, $10,000 Sign On Bonus, Full-time 36 hours Night Shift
Company: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Posted on: September 23, 2022
*Employment Type:* Full time *Shift:* Night Shift *Description:*
*Registered Respiratory Therapist - Full-time, 36 hours* **This
role is eligible for up to $ 10,000 in Sign on Bonus**
*What you will do as a Respiratory Therapist:* Provides
individualized respiratory care for the entire age continuum.
Responsibilities include assessment of the patient's respiratory
status, identification of actual and potential problems,
development and implementation of respiratory care plans and
evaluation of the care given, making modifications as indicated.
The Respiratory Therapist functions utilizing a multidisciplinary
approach and collaborates with the entire health care team when
coordinating a patient's respiratory care.
Duties / Responsibilities:
* Ability to assess physiologic status relative to acid/base
balance, oxygenation and ventilation disorders. Able to recommend
appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic interventions.
* Demonstrates technical and clinical competence in adult critical
and general care. Demonstrates ability to apply patient care
protocols. Utilizes assessment data to review and revise plan of
* Demonstrates technical and clinical competence in pediatric and
neonatal critical and general care.
* Demonstrates ability to apply patient care protocols. Utilizes
data to review and revise plan of care accordingly.
* Demonstrates excellent organizational skills for the completion
of patient care. Demonstrates ability to prioritize therapies and
departmental activities to meet changing demands.
* Communicates with healthcare providers, units, and other
customers on an ongoing basis to coordinate services and exceed
customer needs. Acts as a resource to physicians and nursing staff
regarding clinical patient care issues.
* Actively participates as resource, providing assistance to
respiratory and health care team members to facilitate optimal
patient care outcomes.
* Demonstrates the ability to apply patient care protocols, uses
assessment data to review and revise plan of care accordingly.
* Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and
commitment to the mission of St. Joseph Mercy Oakland through
performing behaviors consistent with the Trinity Health Values.
* Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and
Local laws and regulations, the Trinity Health Organizational
Integrity Program, including the Standards of Conduct, Code of
Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure
adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and
* Supports and conducts one's self in a manner consistent with
customer service expectations.
* In accordance with unit or departmental practice, determines that
appropriate charges have been entered for the correct patient,
encounter, date/time of service, with any required modifiers. Make
corrections as needed per charge capture policy/practice.
* In accordance with unit or departmental practice, actively
participates in on-going education and communication regarding
* In accordance with unit or departmental practice, assists with
tracking and monitoring of equipment assigned to the unit. Requests
services for maintaining equipment as needed.
* In accordance with unit or departmental practice, proficient with
the electronic health records for documentation, assessment, and
care management, performing these activities concurrently with
provision of care throughout the shift.
*What you will need as a Respiratory Therapist:*
* High School Graduate or GED equivalent
* Successful completion of an accredited respiratory therapy
* Current licensure to practice in the State of Michigan as
* Registered as Respiratory Therapist (RRT) through the National
Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), preferred.
* Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
* Neonatal Resuscitation Practitioner (NRP) certification within 6
months of hire.
* Certification in Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred.
* Previous work experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
*Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion*
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Pontiac , Registered Respiratory Therapist, $10,000 Sign On Bonus, Full-time 36 hours Night Shift, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!