Surgery Scheduler (Office and Administrative Support)
Posted on: September 26, 2022
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for providing
support to providers by scheduling surgical procedures and
meetings, overseeing the authorization from insurance companies for
those procedures and managing Provider appointment books. Also
transcribes patient notes for documentation in patient charts as
needed. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedules all surgical procedures, testing, and pre-op
appointments by calling appropriate personnel and coordinating the
schedules of assisting Providers and operating rooms.
- Obtains insurance authorizations and oversees the management of
consent forms for surgical procedures and rechecks required by
insurance companies. Ensures that hospital has the appropriate
- Reschedules appointments due to schedule changes and surgery
- Oversees Provider schedule templates and inputs monthly
schedules. Coordinates with Practice Managers depending upon
- Inputs appointments and schedules in the Providers' calendars
on a bi-weekly basis in the Practice Management System (PMS) and
updates data as needed. Troubleshoots problems with schedules by
coordinating with staff and Providers.
- Completes Central Billing paperwork for surgical procedures
including procedure and diagnosis coding.
- Knowledge and completion of capacity reporting.
- Drives to hospital to deliver appropriate surgical paperwork
and gather provider mail.
- Back-up to the Practice Manager for billing problems at
- Performs as Administrative Assistant to Providers and Practice
Manager as needed.
- Perform duties of Medical Receptionist as needed. Assists
office staff with phone calls, admissions and transfers.
- Coordinates and follows through with special projects as
- Performs all other duties as assigned. ESSENTIAL
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
CREDENTIALS/LICENSURE: Medical Assistant-Credentialed strongly
preferred MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 1 year experience as a Surgery
Scheduler or equivalent training and experience combination
required POSITION REQUIREMENTS (ABILITIES & SKILLS):
- Knowledge of medical and surgical terminology and procedures at
the level needed to perform responsibilities, including
understanding of CPT and ICD coding and diagnosis guidelines.
Knowledge of the rules and regulations regarding insurance claim
- Sufficient knowledge of mathematics.
- Proficient in operating a standard desktop and Windows-based
computer system, including but not limited to, NextGen , Microsoft
Word, Excel and Outlook, intranet and computer navigation. Ability
to use other software as required while performing the essential
functions of the job.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal
forms, including proper phone etiquette. Ability to speak before
groups of people.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment;
courteous and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of
organizational members and diverse populations including IHA staff,
providers, patients, family members, insurance carriers, vendors
- Ability to cross-train in other areas of practice in order to
achieve smooth flow of all operations.
- Good organizational and time management skills to effectively
juggle multiple priorities and time constraints.
- Secures, organizes and analyzes relevant information and
identifies appropriate solutions in a timely manner. Ability to
exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills, specifically as
it relates to resolving surgery scheduling issues.
- Ability to drive to hospital to deliver appropriate surgical
paperwork and gather provider mail.
- Ability to handle patient and organizational information in a
- Successful completion of IHA competency-based program within
introductory and training period.
- Sufficient knowledge of medical billing and medical terminology
to perform responsibilities.
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Pontiac , Surgery Scheduler (Office and Administrative Support), Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!