Court Deputy - Part-Time
Company: Oakland County
Posted on: January 19, 2023
$21.65 - $25.26 Hourly
Various Locations, MI
Under limited supervision, is responsible for performing security
and law enforcement functions within the Oakland County Courthouse,
County Complex Buildings, Friend of the Court, District Courts and
County parks. Duties include operating a stationary x-ray machine
and a hand held metal detector to detect for weapons and
unauthorized objects. Deputies will also perform visual inspections
of briefcases, purses, and packages to locate weapons and any
unauthorized objects. When assigned may provide security in the
courtrooms, judges' chambers, probation departments, cashier areas
and outside perimeter of courthouse buildings including parking
lots. Patrols parks to enforce state laws and local ordinances,
answers and investigates complaints regarding accidents, property
damage, and disturbances. Answers emergency calls in case of
illness, injury, fire, or other disruptions in the daily operations
of the parks. May provide emergency first aid services until
assistance arrives and provides first response fire?fighting
service until local firefighting units arrive. Responds to
emergency situations, and assists in making arrests.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not
provided at the time of application:
- MCOLES License/MCOLES License Eligibility/or Police Academy
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver's License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Be a High School graduate, or have certificate of successful
completion of the General Education Development Test (GED); AND
2. a. Have had at least one (1) year of experience as an Oakland
County Sheriff's Office Corrections Deputy; OR
b. Possess current MCOLES license OR be currently attending a
Police Academy training or its equivalent (as required by the
Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES); OR
NOTE: Must have successfully completed the police academy and be
eligible to be licensed prior to the date of hire.
c. Be an Oakland County Sheriff's Office Reserve Deputy, Marine
Deputy or Mounted Deputy and have completed 1,000 hours of service
within the last five (5) years; OR
d. Have two (2) years of full-time work experience as a Corrections
Officer or Road Patrol Officer in the last five (5) years.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or
chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver's license holders will
be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan
driver's license before the hire date.
4. Have not been convicted of a violation of criminal law including
domestic violence. (Criminal law generally includes all offenses
except traffic law, conservation law and liquor law. Generally,
conviction for a violation of criminal law is automatically
5. Have at least 20/20 corrected vision with both eyes and have
normal color vision and depth perception in both eyes.
6. Have normal corrected hearing in each ear, per Michigan
Commission On Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
7. Pass the complete examination including the employment medical,
established for this classification.
1. Must maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or
2. Must maintain firearms qualification and deputy status.
3. A field investigation will be conducted covering an evaluation
of employment, school, home, credit criminal, military or other
personal records.Any conviction or convictions for moving traffic
violations, accidents, non-moving traffic violations, or violations
of other laws will be reviewed by the Sheriff's Office before an
applicant can be appointed.Information obtained during the
background investigation will be considered in the hiring
decision.Convictions of the Domestic Violence Statute will be a
Keywords: Oakland County, Pontiac , Court Deputy - Part-Time, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!