Mounted Deputy PTNE
Company: Oakland County
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Under limited supervision, performs law enforcement functions within the jurisdiction of the Oakland County, including Parks System. Investigates and reports to supervisor accidents, complaints, and other incidents. Responds to disturbances and maintains order. Rides a horse to patrol park paths and trails, as well as other areas that cannot be accessible by other forms of transportation to enforce park rules and regulations. Apprehends disorderly persons. Is required to restrain individuals and assist in making arrests. Shift assignments are mostly on weekends and holidays. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
* Thoroughly documented work history
* Valid Driver's License number
* The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Be a high school graduate or have a certificate of successful completion of the General Education Development (G.E.D.) Test.
2. Have not been convicted of a violation of criminal law including domestic violence.(Criminal law generally includes all offenses except traffic law, conservation law and liquor law. Generally, conviction for a violation of criminal law is automatically disqualifying).
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before the hire date.
4. Have at least 20/20 corrected vision in both eyes and have normal color vision and depth perception in both eyes.
5. Have normal corrected hearing in each ear, per Michigan Commission On Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
6. Own a horse and own or have access to a horse trailer and tow vehicle.
7. Pass the complete examination, including the employment physical required for this classification.
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications. Special Requirements
1. Must maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license and firearms qualification and deputization status.
2. Must complete annual horsemanship training as established by the Sheriff's Office.
3. Own a horse and own or have access to a horse trailer and tow vehicle.
4. A field investigation will be conducted covering an evaluation of employment, school, home, credit, criminal, military, or other personal records.Any conviction or convictions for moving traffic violations, accidents, non-moving traffic violations, or violations of other laws will be reviewed by the Sheriff's Office before an applicant can be appointed. Information obtained during the background investigation will be considered in the hiring decision.Convictions of the Domestic Violence Statue will be a disqualifying factor.
Keywords: Oakland County, Pontiac , Mounted Deputy PTNE, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
here to apply!