Assistant Material Manager (Pontiac)
Company: Dakkota Integrated Systems
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Dakkota Integrated Systems is looking to hire an Assistant
Materials Manager to join our fast growing team at Detroit
Who we are.Dakkota Integrated Systems is a joint venture with
majority partner Rush Group LLC and Magna International Inc.
Established in 2001, Dakkota manages the complete assembly and
sequencing of modules for OEMs and Tier One suppliers. Automotive
is our line of business, but our employees and passion for quality
What you'll love about Dakkota.Dakkota's greatest asset are its
employees. The employees make the fast-paced and energetic culture
a place youll love and want to be. A place where hard work does not
go unnoticed, and your impact is felt at every turn.
- Interested in pursuing classes outside of automotive? Dakkota
offers a generous tuition assistance initiative that supports
classes in any field of study
- We support team members in their efforts by offering
professional training and development classes
- We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of
your health benefits; medical, vision, dental, life insurance
- Invest in your future with our 401K match program
What You'll Be Doing.
- Coordinate and manage material planning and logistics projects
from start to finish
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of
system and procedures for accurate and timely management
- Drive continual improvement and cost reduction
- Establish, measure and work to achieve the company goals as
they relate to the Key Operating Indicators.
- Assist with material office and material floor activity to
ensure a one-team mindset
- Oversee the management of the plant layout, PFEP, and signage
to ensure all information remains current and updates are made in a
- Support Materials Manager with tasks / assignments as
- Back-up to Materials Manager and all responsibilities of the
Materials Manager when absent from the plant
- Document all activities as required.
- Track all shift notes for material lineside downtime
- Address all safety concerns in the department and give notice
- Report all departmental deficiencies to the Materials
- Support with all continuous improvement and corrective actions
relative to freight performance
- Champion floor walks to ensure 5S expectations are
- Mandatory participation in all plant inventories.
- Assist in department where needed (ie. projects, cycle counts,
- Adhere to all company guidelines for Emergency Evacuation to
ensure employee safety.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by
Limits of Authority
- Advise Department Manager of those situations that may pose a
significant risk to the program, product assurance, facilities,
employee safety or customer satisfaction results.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any
nonconformance relating to product, process & systems.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product,
process or system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions thought the
appropriate channels and verify implementation.
- Control further processing and delivery of nonconforming
product until the deficiency is corrected.
Basic Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Bailed and Owned Material Operation - 5 years material
management experience including staff supervision, preferably in an
- Familiar with all procedures/guidelines relating to the
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Trans4M,
- CPIM, CPM, APP Certification desirable
- Able to maintain confidential information
Keywords: Dakkota Integrated Systems, Pontiac , Assistant Material Manager (Pontiac), Professions , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!